IIC/I2C interface Adapter Board Description
This standard blue backlight HD44780 LCD is great for your Arduino projects IIC/I2C interface Adapter Board LCD Display Adapter Module. It supports 16 characters wide and 2 rows in white text on blue background. As the pin resources of Arduino microcontrollers is limit, your may be not able to use normal LCD shield after connect with a certain quantity of sensors or SD card. However, the I2C serial interface only take 2 wires to realize data display. If you already has I2C devices in your project, this LCD module actually cost no more resources at all.
This is a RoHS compliant I2C Serial LCD Daughter board that can be connected to a standard 16×2 or 20×4 Character Display Module that supports 4-bit mode. All Character Modules sold on our site support 4-bit mode, and nearly all commercially available 16×2 and 20×4 line character modules support it too.
This board has a PCF8574 I2C chip that converts I2C serial data to parallel data for the LCD display. There are many examples on the internet for using this board with Arduino. Do a search for “Arduino LCD PCF8574“. The I2C address is 0x3F by default, but this can be changed via 3 solder jumpers provide on the board. This allows up to 3 LCD displays to be control via a single I2C bus (giving each one it’s own address)
IIC/I2C interface Adapter Board About:
- Communicate on a 2-wire I2C bus
- The API is compatible with the current character LCD component
- A single component may drive one or more LCDs on the same I 2C bus
- The I2C LCD can coexist on an existing I2C bus if the PSoC is the I2C master
- Support for the NXP PCF2119x command format
- Compatible with Arduino Board or other controller board with I2C bus.
- Display Type: Negative white on Blue backlight.
- I2C Address:0x38-0x3F (0x3F default)
- Supply voltage: 5Ven.wikipedia.org
- Interface: I2C to 4bits LCD data and control lines.
- Contrast Adjustment: built-in Potentiometer.
- Backlight Control: Firmware or jumper wire.